Sunday, December 23, 2012

Code Name God: Part 1


So I thought I’d start series on God. Fun topic to me. In light of recent events seems like the God topic is popular again. I’ve seen a fair amount of people using some common questions to challenge the existence of God. What I find interesting is the strategy of the questioning. Reasons being used to prove God does no exists are failed expectations that God never guaranteed. In fact, the Bible tells the exact argument being used was going to happen.

Question: If God was real, why would He let bad things happen?

The hard part is people expect a secular answer in a short sentence to rebut this argument. Also most making these arguments will not except an answer they don’t like. They look at them as excuses. Any answer given is going to be from the perspective that God exists, because that is the context of the question. So logically the staunch non believer will reject any answer.

No answer on this is short or easy. My best recommendation is if you really want to know about God, get yourself to a Biblical church, that teaches the Bible verse by verse from Genesis to Revelation. Go for a year, yes a year. It’s going to take time to expose yourself to a big portion of the Bible. After every Bible study go to the pastors let them know you don’t believe in God and have serious questions. Challenge them, take your challenge straight to the, lack of a better word, source. I recommend Calvary Chapel. It has been a Bible based church to me. Sundays have been like going to class, I find no other agenda there, other than teaching the Bible.


Now you may be set in your opinion, that’s fine then let it be. Why ask questions if you’ll never accept an answer.

I hope to write more parts on this, but I just wanted to get started. To take a short stab at the answer to the above question. It all has to do with the original sin, the fall of Adam. More on that in part 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment